Dr. Ted VanderNoot
Academic And Research Experience ...
Involved in research and teaching for 18 years, ten of which were as a Lecturer in Physical Chemistry in the Chemistry Department, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Served as Assistant Editor of the Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry for 5 years.
- Designed and developed courses, seminars and tutorials for postgraduates and undergraduate classes of 60 – 140 students.
- Designed and supervised laboratory experiments and course-modules.
- Received grants from EPSRC, Wellcome Trust, European Union (HCMP), Royal Society, British Council and the Nuffield Foundation.
- Communicated with research community by writing scientific papers and reviews, presenting at conferences, and helping to organise conferences.
And The Training Business
Left full-time employment in September 1999 to set up a small company specialising in thinking and communication skills.
- Developed workshops for staff and postgraduates which have been run in various institutions within the UK and in other countries.
- Developed and delivered programmes for undergraduates in Critical Thinking and Scientific Writing which have been run with 100 students at a time.
- Authored several skills books which are available in paperback and/or e-book formats.